100 women contribute $100 four times a year. Our community is $40,000 richer at year end.
How It all Works
- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting, four times a year.
- Meetings are diligently conducted in one hour or less.
- Any member who has completed a Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may submit a Charity Nomination Form to nominate an organization for consideration at a meeting.
- The nominating members of three randomly selected organizations will make a five minute presentation about the organization to the group and a Q&A session will follow.
- Each member who has completed a Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may vote (by ballot) for one of the three organizations.
- Each member will write a cheque for $100 to the organization receiving the most votes.
- The selected organization will receive a group donation of $10,000 or more!
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization.
- Members who are unable to attend a meeting are expected to give her cheque to another member to deliver on her behalf (preferred), or to mail her cheque to an address provided.
- Organizations under consideration must serve Guelph and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- An organization not chosen to receive our donation at one meeting is eligible for selection at a subsequent meeting.
- A successful organization is not eligible for future consideration for three years, but the nominating member may submit the name of another organization.
- Ties will be decided by further votes. If a tie persists, the membership will vote to either (1) randomly select one of the tied organizations by draw; or (2) divide the group donation equally between the tied organizations.
- The selected organization must agree not to use member information for further solicitation purposes, or give it out to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- Each meeting will include a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.