Charities are submitted to 100 Women Who Care Guelph by members only. Each member may have one local charity available for consideration at any given time, and the nomination must be made two weeks ahead of the next meeting date to allow for vetting and approval. The process is as follows:
- Member selects a Charity they would like to put forward for consideration
- Member fills out the Charity Nomination Form below
- Charity is vetted against eligibility criteria and approved
- Member fills out Charity Nomination Ballot at meeting registration and puts it in the hat
- After opening remarks, three charities are chosen out of the hat
- Nominating member makes a simple presentation in favour of their charity
- Members vote
- Successful charity receives donation cheques
- Member who nominated successful charity is then free to nominate another charity
Need some ideas?
Not sure which charity to nominate? Click here for a partial list of registered charities in Guelph. Just remember, it must be a registered charity, and the funds must stay in Guelph. Happy hunting!
Charity Nomination Form
Charity Presentation Outline
Presentations should be simple and not overly formal. Speak from the heart, and think “passion”, not “perfection”!
Here is a list of topics that you should be prepared to discuss:
- What is the name of the organization?
- Where is the organization located?
- What is the mission of the organization?
- What purpose does the organization serve? (who, what do they do, how do they do it)
- How would the organization benefit from receiving the donation?
- How will the funds be used?
- What other sources of funding does the organization have (i.e. how needy is the organization)?
- Can they issue tax receipts?
- If chosen, to whom would the group make a cheque payable?
- Describe your personal interactions with the organization or how you learned of the organization.