Only members can submit a charity to 100WWCG.
We encourage all members to nominate their favourite charity as your gift to their cause.
Now that we are back to full in person meetings, a few changes have been made to our Charity Nomination and presentation process, which are detailed below:
- A member selects a Charity they would like to put forward for consideration.
- At least two weeks before the meeting, that member fills out the Charity Nomination Form, below.
- All charities are vetted against eligibility criteria and approved.
- Approximately one week prior to the meeting, members of the steering committee draw three charities from the hat.
- Successful drawees are notified, having one week to prepare their presentations.
- After opening remarks, the three charities drawn are announced.
- Each nominating member makes a simple presentation in favour of their charity.
- The nominating member may nominate another member as a ‘second’ to present for or with them.
- Five minutes are allowed for questions from the membership.
- After the presentation, if a second is used and is not able to answer questions, a representative of the charity may attend the meeting to do so.
- All members in attendance cast their votes.
- The successful charity receives the donation cheques.
- The member who nominated the chosen charity now has the opportunity to nominate another charity.
Are You Ready to Share Your Passion?
Local charities desperately need our help. Please consider being their champion by filling out the nomination form below and telling us of the amazing work they do. Just remember, to be eligible it must be a registered charity, and the funds must stay in Guelph.
Charity Nomination Form
Charity Presentation Outline
Presentations should be simple and not overly formal. Speak from the heart, and think “passion”, not “perfection”!
Here is a list of topics that you should be prepared to discuss:
- What is the name of the organization?
- Where is the organization located?
- What is the mission of the organization?
- What purpose does the organization serve? (who, what do they do, how do they do it)
- How would the organization benefit from receiving the donation?
- How will the funds be used?
- What other sources of funding does the organization have (i.e. how needy is the organization)?
- Can they issue tax receipts?
- If chosen, to whom would the group make a cheque payable?
- Describe your personal interactions with the organization or how you learned of the organization.