100 women contribute $100 four times a year. Our community is $40,000 richer at year end.
How It all Works
- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting, four times a year.
- Meetings are diligently conducted in one hour or less.
- Any member who has completed a Commitment Form may submit a Charity Nomination Form to nominate an organization for consideration at a meeting.
- The nominating members (or a charity representative) of three randomly selected organizations will make a five minute presentation about the organization to the group and a Q&A session will follow.
- Each member who has completed a Commitment Form may vote (by ballot) for one of the three organizations.
- Each member will write a cheque for $100 to the organization receiving the most votes.
- The selected organization will receive a group donation of $10,000 or more!
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization.
- Any member who is unable to attend a meeting is expected to give her cheque to another member to deliver on her behalf (preferred), to make an online donation by hitting the button marked “Make Your Meeting Donation” at the right, or to mail her cheque to an address provided.
- Organizations under consideration must:
- serve the Guelph community, with the funds remaining in Guelph
- be a registered charity in good standing with the CRA
- be able to provide tax receipts for donations (no start-ups)
- have not received funds from 100WWCG in the prior three years
- be registered with Canada Helps
- An organization not chosen to receive our donation at one meeting is eligible for selection at a subsequent meeting.
- A successful organization is not eligible for future consideration for three years, but the nominating member may submit the name of another organization.
- Ties will be decided by further votes. If a tie persists, the membership will vote to either (1) randomly select one of the tied organizations by draw; or (2) divide the group donation equally between the tied organizations.
- The selected organization must agree not to use member information for further solicitation purposes, or give it out to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- Each meeting will include a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.