Our Second Virtual Meeting Brings Members Together For Another Opportunity To Give Back to Our Community!
For the second time this year, 100 Women Who Care Guelph was unable to connect in person due to Covid-19 concerns. In spite of the challenges, we persisted in our determination to give back to the Guelph charities. As part of our “virtual” nomination and selection process, members representing three charities selected in our nomination draw, provided written presentations which were reviewed and voted upon by members. It’s great to know that in these difficult times, 100WWCG continues to “think outside the box” in our efforts to give back our community.
We may not have a meeting room or a microphone, but as part of our virtual nomination and selection process, the three members selected in our nomination draw have been invited to make a brief written presentation about their nominated charities, to describe the work they do and how they would make use of a donation from 100 Women Who Care.
Our three chosen charities are:
2. Guelph Black Heritage Society
(Nominated by Barb Tremblay)
3. Grand River Conservation Foundation
(Nominated by Rebecca Whitney)
Our Second Virtual Meeting Is Scheduled for October!
100 Women Who Care Guelph continues to triumph over the challenges of Covid-19!
We were disappointed when pandemic concerns forced the cancellation of our April meeting. When we replaced our in person July meeting with a virtual nomination and selection process, we were breaking new ground for our group. This initiative allowed members to vote on qualifying charities from the comfort and safety of their own homes, and allowed us to comply with provincial restrictions on mass gatherings.
We were extremely pleased with the results of our efforts. In spite of this being our first attempt at this type of meeting format, we received very positive feedback from our membership and we successfully raised just over $10,000 for The Children’s Foundation of Guelph-Wellington.
The steering committee of 100WWCG is happy to announce that our second virtual nomination and selection meeting will be held in October!
How Will This “Meeting” Work?
• All new nominations must be received by Friday September 18th, to allow for vetting and approval. Visit us online for easy-to-follow instructions on how to submit your charity for consideration. If your charity is drawn from the hat on September 23rd, you must be prepared to provide a written appeal on behalf of your charity (about 250 words would be great). To assist you in preparing these presentations, the steering committee will provide a list of frequently asked questions posed by our members at previous meetings.
• On Wednesday September 23rd, we will send along a link to a video where we draw the names of the three charities nominated to present to our group.
• On Wednesday September 30th, you will receive an email containing a link to our three member presentations, along with instructions on how to cast your vote.
• Tuesday October 6th (midnight) is the deadline for casting your vote.
• On Wednesday October 7th, an email will be sent to the membership announcing the chosen organization and instructions for payments.
• Wednesday October 21st is the deadline for cheque submission and on Friday, October 30th we will take the gathered cheques to the charity.
2. Voting Procedure:
We will be giving members three ways to vote for the organization of their choice. Please choose one of the following options:
• Complete an online survey (a link will be provided).
• Send an email to email@example.com
• Call our designated 100WWCG contact person ( a phone number will be provided).
3. Making Your Donation:
We realize that these are uncertain financial times for many and completely understand if you decide to temporarily withhold your donations for the time being.
To that end, we will be suspending our membership policy with regards to fulfilling your commitment to donate at each meeting, for the rest of 2020.
We will not be sending follow-up emails for collections and on October 30th, we will be taking the gathered cheques to the charity. Please make every effort to have your cheques and donations arrive before this day.
We are looking forward to reconnecting with you in October and continuing the valuable work that 100WWCG does in our community.